Anal sex has become less of a taboo subject in recent years and is being seen as just another way to experiment for many straight couples. Although there are still mixed feelings about anal sex, some people still consider it risque and there are others who are under the misconception that to have and enjoy anal sex you must be gay. Anal sex is normal for some couples – straight and gay – and not, for others, just like any other sexual activity. Enjoying anal sex does not make you gay, abnormal, or deviant. It just means that you enjoy the sensations that are produced from that particular part of your anatomy!
What is anal sex?
The term anal sex refers to any sexual activity that involves the anus. It doesn’t have to involve intercourse. Anal sex is when a penis or any other object, for example, a finger, a toy, or a tongue is inserted into the anus. Like many other sexual practices, some people find anal sex extremely pleasurable whilst other people do not.
Do women find anal sex pleasurable?
Traditionally anal sex has been thought to be something only gay couples do and a taboo subject that Is not talked about. As anal sex has become more accepted it seems more and more people are exploring this type of play. In fact, it seems that around 40% of sexually active women have experienced anal sex and that many women admit to enjoying the bum play.
What does anal sex feel like?
Many people find anal sex extremely pleasurable. The anus has many sensitive nerve endings and so has the potential to give enormous sexual pleasure. However, the area inside the anus is extremely delicate and sensitive, so much care needs to be taken to not tear or damage the tissue. This is why it is so important to prepare for anal sex properly,
Does anal sex hurt?
Anal sex can hurt at the beginning, which is why it is important to take it slow and make sure you are properly prepared. If you are planning on anal sex then it is really important to keep these things in mind: cleanliness, safety, lubricant and taking it slow and easy!
Preparing for anal sex – 5 tips to prepare for pleasure.
- Wash and try to release your bowels to help prevent any unfortunate accidents! You can’t ignore that this part of the body has another less pleasurable function which is why it is so important to wash before and after.
- Safety is paramount, make sure whichever partner is penetrating wears a condom. If you are using fingers then wear gloves.
- It is really important that you are relaxed and aroused, dedicate some time to relaxing each other and building arousal. It will make the next steps easier.
- You need lots and lots of lubrication! Your anus is unable to self-lubricate so make sure you are generous.
- This is not something that can or should be, rushed. Instead of going straight to penile penetration, use a finger, then slowly progress to larger objects. Easing into anal sex with lots of foreplay will ensure that you are aroused and open for pleasure!
Sex toys for use during butt play
There are a massive variety of sex toys on the market, that are specifically for butt play, from butt plugs and anal beads to prostate massagers and vibrators. If you’re not quite ready for full-on anal intercourse, using anal sex toys is a good way to experiment and enjoy the pleasure without pressure. If you are a beginner the best way is to start small. Here are some of the most popular anal sex toys on the market.
- Fifty Shades of Grey Pleasure Intensified Anal Beads, these amazing beads are graduated so you can slowly work your way up to larger beads for more stimulation and pleasure
- Satisfyer Lolli-Plug 1 – Berry, another graduated shape the lolli-plug gets progressively larger the closer you get to the handle. It has battery controlled motors for intense vibrations and the diamond shape provides even more satisfying stimulation.
- COLT Hefty Probe Inflatable Butt Plug, this is a butt plug with a difference, it can be blown up to increase the feeling of fullness and pleasure.
- Happy Rabbit Triple Curve Black. This bunny is perfect for ladies that know what they want, the intense sensations this toy will produce will have you screaming with satisfaction. This rabbit is 3 toys in 1 it has a vibrator, a clit stimulator and a butt vibrator.
What is the best position for anal sex?
There are many pleasurable positions for anal sex. If you are a beginner use a position where you control the depth of penetration. Good positions for this are The Lap Dance. The Lying Doggy and Back It Up. For positions with more intimacy, try: The Backdoor Missionary, the Hearing Cowgirl and the Bucksided Lotus. For those of you who are ready to go deeper: Doggy Style, Standing Doggy Style and for experienced veterans, who like full penetration The Full Throttle and the Snake Position will have you howling with pleasure.
Is anal sex dangerous?
Anal sex is considered to be riskier than other types of sexual activity. This is due to the delicate tissue within the anus being easily torn and damaged. This makes it much easier to catch sexually transmitted infections that are carried in the blood.
Anal sex can cause:
- Tearing of the anal tissue
- A higher risk of contracting an STD
- Anal fissures can develop with pain and bleeding
- Bacteria naturally found in the anus can cause urinary tract infections or gastrointestinal illnesses, if transferred to the penis or the mouth.
Anal sex safely tips
If you’d like to add anal sex to your sexual repertoire then safety has to be a priority.
- Wash thoroughly before and after anal sex
- Make sure your partner wears a condom before any penetration and that it is changed if you tend for vaginal penetration. This will protect you both from any infections
- Make sure to use water-based lubricants, Oil-based lubricants can cause condoms to break.